Monday, March 16, 2009

Issue 2

GHL...I lost the final of my tournament league as I had said in my last post. So let me set the stage for my private league with friends and family members that I have which ended last night. Same layout, 38 games, 2 points for win, 1 point for OTL. I finished 3rd behind my friend Kody, Flaming Giraffes, and Smitty, Bits and Bites. First round went as this; Bits and Bites played Wookies, Flaming Giraffes played Pig Tails, Ruffriderz(my team) played Moosetracks, and Hit Faced played Power Rangers. The top 4 teams all won their first rounds, Giraffes were the only ones not to sweep. Semi finals had 1st place Bits and Bites against Hit Faced, and Flaming Giraffes against Ruffriderz. Both series were sweeps which landed me, Ruffriderz against the top team in the league Bits and Bites. Now all season long there were posts on the league forum about this unfair advantage Bits and Bites had. They had the luxury of having a goalie rated 30 points over any other goalie in the league. His goalie was rated 89. Many, including myself were posting calling this goalie a "steroid" as he let in 38 goals throughout the regular season. Yes, a goal a game. Hard to beat a team when their goalie lets in ONE goal a game. So for the Final I went up against Goliath. Game 1 I get beat 3-2. Game two I come back from being down 2-0 to winning 3-2 in overtime. Game three... no contest, I won 3-1. Tops among my friends!

So I went to the Saskatoon Blades playoffs opener last night. Game 1 against the Lethbridge Hurricanes... Got my Blades towel... Got my Beer... and sat down in my seat. Now the Credit Union Center will be holding the 2010 World Juniors... There will be additional seating put in during the summer to completely bowl the stands. But I say, instead of just working on the one end of the stands to add more seats(where there are no seats right now) Why not renovate the entire seating area in the building? You get a full row of ppl in those stands and you have virtually NO room. I swear I had lost my pucks once I sat down and had my legs crush them. Blades won pretty handely... Interesting though... The Blades goalie, Braden Holtby (I know his sister fairly well from curling) has been drafted by the Washington Capitals. There was a Capitals scout sitting right behind me. My friend and I had chatted with this fellow and he liked what he saw, despite the bickering among fans about Holtby's puck playing frequency. He figures if everything goes as it has been Holtby may very well be the goalie in Washington in 3 years.

Now for some NHL talk.
Is the Flame buring out? With the Canucks hot on the trail for division lead the Flames lose to the Blues in a minute. 2 goals under a minute actually. Can the Flames hold onto the division lead with the late surge of the Canucks it sure will make for an interesting race.
Brodeur to break ANOTHER record before the end of the regular season?!? Very much a possibility that Marty will become the all time shutout leader by the end of this year as he blanked the Wild last night. Now only 2 shutouts away from Sawchuks 103.
OVer the top? Oh no, oh my I seemed to have dropped my cup of coffee. Ouch! I cannot get my hands close to the mug b/c its very hot. But I'm going to keep attempting to get my hands on it even though my hands are going numb with this burning sensation. Ovi... what were you thinking!? Celebrations like that should only take place when Terrell Owens of the Buffalo Bills scores a Touchdown. Ya, we get it Ovi, you score alot, your stick is hot. IMO you made an ass of yourself by doing that. You LOVE scoring, you LOVE winning. For years I have told everyone I'd take you over Crosby in a draft any day. My answer is still the same, I pretty much hate the cry-baby Crosby, and I know you did it for the fans but come on Ovi. Show some class.
Surging Oilers looking to climb into sixth!? I WOULD LOVE to see a battle of Alberta in this years playoffs. With the way the Oil have been playing of late they could very well finish 5th or 6th. If the Flames can start winning again and finish 3rd then I cheer for the Oil to finish 6th. Although with the play of the Canucks of late the Flames may have their work cut out for them. Could you imagine though... Flames Vs. Oilers in the first round!? They finish off the season against eachother in a HOME and HOME. It could turn out to be 9 straight games against eachother...

No comments:

Post a Comment